Camp NaNoWriMo Day 1! + 5 Quick Writing Tips

Hey there guys! So today is Camp NaNoWriMo day one, I was up all night on my computer until midnight just to start up camp super early.

I'm really excited about my concept for my story it's called More Than Words, inspired by the track More Than Words by Extreme. All I can you give right now is that it is a fiction YA romance story. I think what I like about my concept is that it's not insta- love it's about these two kids who bond together in their childhood, get separated in their early teens and then fate has its way of making them come back together.



Now there is still SO much more to that simple plot line I just wanted to tell you about the romance structure. If you guys really want to know what it is about comment below and in the next post maybe I'll give you something more.

So for the first day I have completed 3283 words, slow claps everyone, slow claps. I completed the required words for one day maybe two but I am have second thoughts about my story structure. It just feels like there's not much excitement in my plot so far nothing exciting is really happening. I think if I just get more and more of the story done maybe I'll have a better feeling but for now I'm second guessing my plot structure and the events. We'll see what happens I'm just diving into this thing for the first time :)

Here is my Camp NaNoWriMo Profile- http://campnanowrimo.org/campers/josie500

Okay so for every blog post for my Camp NaNoWriMo update I will include 5 Quick Writing Tips or quotes! Here are the 5 tips for today:


  1.    
  2. Funny Confession Ecard: I suppose if I really want to be a writer, I have to get off of the Internet long enough to write something...

2 comments:

  1. Haha I'm in camp nano too! My book is called Watch Dogs and it's a YA science fiction novel. I don't think I'll reach the goal though. Just here to write with the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a cool book! Don't worry if you can't reach you're goal, writing should be fun anyways and it's nice you have great motivation :) -josie

      Delete

Drop comments below! :)